Friday 26 December 2014

REIKI WITH ESSENTIAL OILS




Urmi is a 11 year old german shepherd. She had hind leg lameness. Her owner had tried everything possible from acupucture to accupressure, but nothing seemed to relieve her of her pain.

When I first saw Urmi , I was not sure what I could do to help her, but inside I trusted Reiki to heal her where it was most needed.She was in so much pain that she would just sit in one spot , or drag herself slowly , she had open wounds on her paws due to dragging.

I started Reiki and suggested some supplements for her condition , such as flaxeed oil, and herbal remedies such as ayurveda. Ayurveda needs a separate blog on its own as I have found it to be very helpful with Reiki treatments.

I gave Urmi sessions for two months , and slowly she started dragging herself everywhere, and was in less pain. Her owner commented that she is emotionally in very high spirits and is doing well.

I tapered the sessions to twice a week, as somehow her owners had given up that she would ever walk again. However for me every little move Urmi made was a sign of improvement and something to celebrate.






She started stretching her legs , which were all bent , she had a bounce in her drag , everytime she came to greet me at the door, and she knew what was coming , so she would position herself infront of me to receive her healing , as if to say I am ready .

One day Urmi behaved very scared in front of the person who used to walk her, she started shaking and she , hid behind my back, refusing to go. I knew something had happened here, but the owners denied as they were very sure that nothing is wrong. I suggested essential oils, to which they agreed.

I decided to offer Frankincense, as it helps with the past trauma. Urmi inhaled and processed the oil, and after a few seconds gave a loud howl like a wolf, this went on for five minutes , she even growled a bit, she licked the oil from my hand , and then settled down. 

This self selection by animals is known as Zoopharmacognosy, where they treat themselves, and in this type of treatment , we do not ever force anything upon an animal, they have full control of the treatment and they choose the herbs and oils, which their body needs at that particular time, once they are done , they show no interest in the oil or herb. It can take a couple of sessions to find out what an animal needs , so I offer them and they guide me as to how they would like the oil, whether inhalation or ingestion or topical treatment.

Urmi mostly inhaled and occasionally licked the oils.

I did a few more sessions offering her Lavender too, but her favourite was Frankincense. She was not at all anxious after that, and not even fearful infront of the same person.Emotional release had taken place and she was calm .

I use  Essential oils with her Reiki sessions now and have discovered that it works wonders for her.She is happy even with her condition, and she is pain free now.She loves her healing sessions.She is much more calm and relaxed, healing has taken place at a very deeper level. Reiki has given her tremendous strength emotionally to deal with her physical disability.She is a changed animal today.



No comments:

Post a Comment